Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
I would only claim "graduation" from my last therapy experience. The rest were more like extended dropping out of college due to lack of focus or funds. LOL!

like many here, as a client, i don't care for the word 'termination' but do understand the professional association to it and since therapy is a business, guess it's best they stick to the jargon that keep it 'professional'.

also, termination has such a broad meaning and only explains that the therapy relationship has ended, but gives no reason as to why...it could mean the client chose to quit before they were done, or perhaps they did reach their goals, or the therapist quit working with the client for what ever reason, etc. etc. so because of this, i do prefer to use the word 'graduated'. personally, i feel that i have completed the things i wanted to do in therapy and really have no intentions to return. similar to finishing the goals of schooling or training, i like saying that i 'graduated' therapy because it provides the information that i have completed that process and i am done. i would not use that term to mean that a client has ended therapy if they did not feel they have completed what they set out or needed to do.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote