View Single Post
Anonymous41006
Anonymous41006 has no updates. Edit

Red face Jan 12, 2019 at 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennie View Post
Is constant dwelling on regret plus living in a fear of retaliation a sign of C-PTSD? I am recovering from a narcissistic emotional abuse. It took me a long time to "figure it out" (by seeing the "pattern" over the years, studying on this subject, and consulting people who are close to me.)

Now I am regretting, "If I could just turn back to the time, I would have never shared that information with her. Now she could use it against me," etc.

P.S.
My counselor implied that I have C-PTSD without ever using the word. She just said, "When you have not just one-time trauma but suffer through a trauma over a long period of time, it can have an impact on your anxiety level and health." So I think she described C-PTSD without using the exact word.
I recommend this book ...

My therapist gifted me with a copy and it has been a tremendous help to me!

I think you will find a lot of answers to your questions in it ... Including instrusive thoughts (preoccupation and perseverating) about our abusers even after we've separated ourselves from them.

I kind of liken it to some of the bad dreams I still have where my mind (subconscious when asleep) is trying to work out parts of the trauma(s) that still haven't been resolved yet, but instead of happening when I'm asleep it's happening when I'm awake.

Not sure if that made sense or not, but kind of like talking over a problem with ourselves while trying to make sense or finding some sort of resolution to them perhaps.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, Open Eyes