Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 12, 2019 at 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzybear View Post
Do you feel that you are wanted? Or do you feel that you are not wanted, and maybe don’t even “fit in” anywhere?

I'm unwanted. I don't think there is anywhere for me to fit in. People are either coupled up or so in love with their own weirdnesses/addictions/jobs -- where are the nice people who just want to go to a movie or to get a burger--not a big production--just a quick outing for some diversion and pleasant conversation?

Something I have found particularly hurtful lately; a friend of mine has taken to suggesting through text that we should get together and when I have responded; I then don't hear back from her, and in fact usually find out later she has gone off and done something with her spouse or extended family. I understand she has a spouse and extended family--but if she isn't available I would rather she write "I thought about you today"; leave it at that, and don't get my hopes up that maybe we can have lunch together or go to the park.

I do volunteer work and that brings me into contact with people. But honestly; a lot of volunteer work is actually work; and I already work hard 40 hours a week. So I'm not chomping at the bit to take on yet another volunteer job besides the ones I have because I already know that is what it will be: a job.

I'm not sure why I was cut from the herd so early--but it looks like it was--and will remain, a permanent thing. Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for. But I needed to say that.
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, Rohag

Thanks for this!
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul