Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Jan 13, 2019 at 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post
Termination is their word for it.......
Granted. This is true; but, it is an academic term used amongst professional peers. This is not something I see ought to be in the layman's lexicon. It doesn't mean we ought to be using it. It is like a doctor using the term "Myocardial infarction" when the rest of the world just says 'heart attack'.

Use the term if you must - especially when one or the other, professional or client, is responsible through their action(s) for the ceasation of services. I don't think 'termination' adequately describes it when two parties disagree on said services though. Termination suggests a rather horrible break-up. Is this always the case? Nope. There are softer ways to describe such a break more adequately. Why can't we simply state that, for whatever reason, it was determined I should seek help elsewhere; or, it was agreed that I would be better off with a different therapist. "Termination" on the otherhand construes anger in my books.

I think there are those who see the term and automatically jump to what may not be the right conclusion.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote