View Single Post
riptide53

Member Since Nov 2016
4 hugs
given
Default Jan 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous57375 View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I could have lived my life differently given my total state of being at the time. Now I wish I have lived it differently based on the outcome I see, but at the time I didn't know or see clearly. We cannot change the past, and we hope to learn from our experiences, but what if we cannot change our destiny, and we are who we are supposed to be, and we do what we do based on our current conditions? It's nice to believe that we have control, but what if we don't?
At age sixty five and a recovering alcoholic, I've gained lots of insight. Having been an active alcoholic resulted from excruciating pain of my major depressive illness which ruled and ruined my life for forty years that I know of. I believe it was there from childhood which in those days, was unrecognized. Anyhow I do truly believe what I've written and am still trying to conquer the demons in my life. Antidepressants of every sort haven't worked; the only one that did was Zoloft for over ten years. Now I'm back on the hunt for something and have started TMS. So Far, so good, but we shall see...
riptide53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote