View Single Post
Merope
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2018
479 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Jan 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Please bear with me, this may be a bit long.

I've had episodes of health anxiety in the past, but never quite as bad as I have now. I basically injured my right arm (repetitive strenuous movement) a few weeks ago and it has since felt a little strained and it also takes longer to "wake up" in the morning. Not much pain, though I think I pinched a nerve as I sometimes have minor pins and needles. they never go all the way to pins and needles, just kind of halfway. My wrist also started clicking.

I did my regular leg workout (after a week-long break) and I appear to have also injured my right leg. It doesn't hurt much, but it feels a bit fatigued. I do have some knee pain though. I can walk fine. When staring at it in the mirror, I noticed that the thigh muscle on my right leg is marginally smaller than my left leg.

Naturally, I freaked out and for two weeks I've been trying to convince myself that I don't have a serious neurological condition that leads to muscle atrophy and will kill me or leave me incapacitated. I know I sound ridiculous, but I can't seem to switch off from it, especially since it all seems to be happening on the right side of my body.

I'm planning to book a physio appointment this week and I also have a GP appointment scheduled for later in the week. Until then, if anyone is willing to offer some reassurance then please, please do so, as I feel like I am losing my mind.

Have any of you noticed that one of your leg muscles is somewhat different/marginally bigger than the same muscle in the other leg?

Have you had limb strains that didn't cause much pain but that still felt a little odd?

Thank you!
Merope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul