View Single Post
PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 13, 2019 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
My learning difficulty wasn't diagnosed at all in school so as a result I was stuck in what was considered the "stupid kids and troublemakers" class, which meant the teachers we had basically did our work for us just to make sure we stood the best chance at passing our exam and I was one of the few who actually wanted to learn in the class, but due to learning difficulty and due to the fact that most others in the class spent all lesson messing around I was never able to learn much and still struggle to this day with some subjects, for example maths

Anyone else struggle in school?
Hey there,

Sometimes I've wondered if I have/had a learning disability myself too. I'm sorry to hear that you were stuck in what you can call "lower-level classes" which aren't bad, you know? They may just go at a relatively, much lower pace, or have lower standards, but again -- that's not such a bad thing either haha.

I mean, it sounds like you're worried and you do care about your education, and the fact that you might've not fully taken advantage of it or that you wish you should have -- and hey, that's really great. School is school, you know. It doesn't really prove how "smart" you are. I mean, sure grades and tests can measure your "knowledge" on something, but hey, not everyone is going to master "conjugating words" or master "box and whisker plots". I think it's great that you care, that's a start. Maybe this can push you to do something more you know? Maybe that's going back to school, maybe it's talking to your doctor and getting diagnosed or something.

I think you're smart enough to care, and that's great, it really is. But hey, don't be so hard on yourself!

: )
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32891, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky