View Single Post
Bri_Cnqr
Bri_Cnqr has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jan 13, 2019 at 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieCat View Post
How do you define wonder?
I have wondered at the incredible beauty and sometimes human-like behavior of wild horses. I have also wondered at the beauty and depth of color in flowers, of the gorgeous clouds in the sky, etc. Don't you appreciate these types of things?
Maybe if you slowed down and took the time to more closely view the world around you, this wonder could return to you. It might be a matter of taking the time for yourself. I think that is how if works for me, anyway.
I suppose, a better way to describe my subjective experience of wonder, is that it isn't absent so much as it is muted and not easily accessed. I try to slow down at times. Sometimes it helps, but even that improvement is relative. I definitely experience curiosity but isn't very laden with any sort of joyful enthusiasm. The objects of my senses are often just objects that simply are, and any emotional valence to these experiences is either absent or just mild, generally speaking. I have experienced wonder in the duration of my life but not every day is filled with the titanic, or majestic, and if it were, then the wonder may disappear due to habituation.
Bri_Cnqr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky