View Single Post
junkDNA
Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 13, 2019 at 08:12 PM

there are some things in life that we are not granted closure for. I've dealt with a few. it takes acceptance and a willingness to keep moving forward. whether your t was being fake because it was his job or whether he and you had a very authentic relationship outside of the realm of therapy... doesn't really matter at this point. if you got what you needed from your therapist at the time then that's what matters... he helped you thru rough times in your life regardless of it being just his job or not. I don't think we can ever get a real truthful answer about this from therapists... at least I don't feel I can trust any answer from any therapist... which in my case is wise because I've been hurt before by people under the guise of help and therapy. I get the emotional turmoil over such questions but at some point I had to accept that I won't ever truly know.. and what matters is my life and the direction I want to take

Hugs from:
toomanycats

Thanks for this!
AllHeart, BonnieJean, DP_2017, Echos Myron redux, ElectricManatee, Elio, justbreathe1994, LonesomeTonight, Out There, precaryous, SalingerEsme, ScarletPimpernel, toomanycats, velcro003