View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 14, 2019 at 06:03 AM

I used to be very insecure with all my relationships. It took therapy and sobriety to learn to be comfortable in my own skin and to know that I do not need the validation of others to like myself, feel a part of, or find my place. This is easy for me to say because I am on the other side but I encourage you to work on this with a good therapist. Feeling like we dont fit in is a double edge sword. On one hand we battle that constant dialogue in our heads about not fitting in, wondering what to say or do next, being hypervigilant about what we do or how we act..and on the other we are so "self absorbed" in our own heads we often neglect the relationships we do have because we are so involved in trying to find out why or if we do not fit in and how to fix it. You cant be a good friend or family member if your mind is constantly on why you do not fit in or you are hyperaware of how you are acting. Its hard to be an active listener with all that backround noise and its hard to be a good friend when one eye is always on ourselves. But I had to learn how to change, it did not come naturally. No I relish in fitting in/being unique. I feel like I can fit in wherever I am because I feel so sure of who I am and have some confidence BUT I also find that I am unique enough where I might stand out not for a negative reason, but because I am a free thinking person at peace with myself.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous47864, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, eskielover, MickeyCheeky