View Single Post
YongSun24

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 14, 2019 at 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetcarBlanche View Post
YoungSun24 it's actually totally normal to talk to yourself out loud. And it IS verified by science that intelligent people mostly do this. I talk out loud to myself all the time, AND I even crack jokes to myself and laugh at them afterward. And I don't see myself as crazy for doing that.

I think you sound very lonely which makes sense to me; your family doesn't seem to be supportive of you. If that is the case, try to find a way to move in with a roommate or two. The more distance you put between toxic people (even when they are family members) the better you will feel.

It sounds like you have some negative self-talk. Also very normal when one's self-esteem is low. Negative self-talk can be turned into positive self-talk with cognitive therapy techniques. So, maybe try to find a counselor who offers cognitive therapy who can teach you how to reprogram your self thoughts to be more positive.
Thank you for answering! But in fact, my self esteem is really high and my family is very supportive. Those thoughts aren't really self talk. I can't stop them. I appreciate your reply!
YongSun24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672