amandalouise has no updates.

15 yr Member
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnester View Post
So I am kinda nervous for my old Psychologist to talk to my new T because I have no clue what she is going to tell her because I have no memory of anything we discussed. Is there a such thing as DID NOS or just DDNOS? Can alters just go away or do they have to be integrated with professional help?
the dissociative mental disorders in the USA at this time are....

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Dissociative Amnesia

Depersonalization/Derealization Disorder

Other Specified Dissociative Disorder (this one has its own set of mental disorders that is not public you find out what they are when you get diagnosed with them)

Unspecified Dissociative Disorder (this one is only used in emergency situations and then is changed when seeing ones own treatment provider example in the hospital Emergency Room setting)

in short america has no mental disorders of any kind called NOS any more. that labeling was discontinued back in 2013 and the criteria was either absorbed into other mental disorders that already exist or in other cases new mental disorders have been created that include the criteria/ symptoms along with others.

Dissociative type alters do not go away or get killed off, eventually when they are no longer needed they go back together as one whole personality again. your treatment provider can explain more in detail about what alters are, how they are created and what happens to them when they are no longer needed.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, Rive1976