Anne2.0 elephant walks on

10 yr Member
129 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
The website is a site for online therapy I believe, so it seems somewhat logical that an online therapy site would dispense this information online to an audience of prospective online clients.
Seems right. And the audience determines what the content is, and the title click-baits people who would be interested in the information it promises to contain. I don't see any problem with the content, but I don't experience the article as some kind of "ah hah" moment that explains all the mysteries of therapy. Distilled down, it feels like what I either already know about therapy or something where it's so general that an application to my specific therapy would be needed.

Just because a therapist writes an article for a consumer audience, doesn't mean that other therapists don't raise these issues with their clients, if clients themselves ask to talk about it. If my therapist tried to broach the content with me, "let's talk about what I think about therapy and what I want you to know," my reaction would be, let's not. I'm not interested in what he wants me to know, and I'm not interested in having some global discussion about how therapy *might* work better or what I'm *supposed" to do in therapy. I prefer to set the agenda for my therapy and having my therapist respond to my issues.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote