View Single Post
Anonymous53987

Default Jan 15, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpDownAround View Post
Welcome! I always liked getting the first few under (or out from under) my belt. It made me feel like I had a "lead to protect" and was really doing this.

I am currently enjoying my longest period of successful maintenance ever after losing over 65 pounds. I took my BMI from 34 to under 25 and have kept it below 25 for ten and a half months. I track calories; everything I eat, every day. I did not stop after I got to goal. I have had several ups and downs in weight over the past few decades. I just turned 60 in the best shape I have been since my 20s, largely driven by fear of being old and unhealthy. Now I will just be old.
Thank you for the warm welcome and sharing what works for you. I have lost weight in the past and kept it off for 15 years. 3-4 years ago I gained weight very rapidly and I tipped the scales at that 202.5. I couldn’t believe I weighed that much when I stepped on the scale. It was so easy to lose the weight when I was 23... but not so much now (I’ll be 40 in a couple months) thanks to age and women hormone issues. I am getting discouraged at how slow it can be, but I’m going to keep pushing forward.

Hugs from:
Marylin