Magnate

Member Since Oct 2018
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottrustin View Post
I asked him today if he called the therapist. Je rold me no he has been fine the last couple of days. That is hard because I mentioned to him a few weeks he seemed off and mentioned that of he ever thought he would benefit from therapy I would help him get started.

I told him today it while he feels better right now whatever got him to that point 3 days ago is still there so maybe a few appointments with T would benefit him. He said he is fine so U backed off.
My youngest is that way. Basically moody. Up and down. One night he can be in "crisis" and the next day he's fine. I've learned not to panic about those crisis moments; it's just his personality.

He seems to have figured out that those moods come in phases for him and that "this too shall pass." Where a year or so ago, he thought he was doomed to feel that way forever, now he's starting to realize his own patterns of thinking and gives himself time. Boy, I wish I had had that kind of personal insight at his age. He's ahead of the game.

He's still learning, but I do see improvement in his ability to handle his own mood fluctuations. They are in the realm of normal - a bit on the extreme ends of normal at times, but not so much that psychological intervention is really a necessity. At one point he tried antidepressants and realized they weren't doing much because his mood tends to be very situational. He's discovered managing his own depression and anxiety is more about healthy coping strategies, support from friends, talking to Mom (LOL), and simply giving himself time rather than catastrophizing (he's a worrier). He's learning. It will come.
ArtleyWilkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Anonymous45127