View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 06:31 PM

looks like its going to be a good show to watch. that said when I wrote to A&E about things like editing, and whether it was going to be like reality tv where they will be doing re takes, positioning, lighting and editing out things they emailed me that of course it will have things that are editted and retakes and so on. its a glimpse of a persons life and they will be looking at things that will get the ratings of course. And because of ratings and language, time and such there will be like any other reality tv mini series things making changes / edits, but they are going to try and stay as close to the real deal as tv standards allow...

I take all this to mean though they are going to be televising a person with DID they will be making on location decisions and after filming edits and during filming "takes and retakes"

that tells me though they are going to try and depict the reality of this persons life and disorder things may not be as real as I may expect it to be considering I had the disorder myself...so not to let any aspects of the show trigger me if suddenly I notice where they have made an edit or retake (you know those spots in the show where a character has a piece of clothing they didnt just a second ago or that purse just jumped from left to right or wow where did that earring come from lol Having an ocd like mind sometimes has its dis advantages when watching reality shows)

this is a mini series of 6 episodes, I certainly hope they dont expect to show this person going from diagnosis to integration in 6 episodes. if so that will seriously cause lots of mass medial back lash with something that at this time looks like its going to be an ok - good show.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896