View Single Post
imam212
Newly Joined

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 15, 2019 at 09:31 PM

Hi guys! I hope you are all well. Before I begin I have to note that I cannot receive any treatment for PTSD and/or depression (my insurance does not cover mental illnesses), so I'll have to row with the oars I have got.

I was wondering if you had some tips or expeciences that helped to "recover" from PTSD (I guess the scars will always remain, but I at least want to close up some wounds). I for example found that drawing helps with my anxiety. Are there any other things that may help?

Now my biggest issue is 'people'. I am extremely awkward with new acquaintances and have commitment and trust issues. I have been friends with some amazing people for many years and still to this day do not feel at ease with them. I do not like hugging, being touched, showing my emotions, etcetera. I know that they notice me being distant and that new people think I'm odd. No one besides my family knows anything about my past, depression and PTSD because I should then explain what happened. I'm just not ready (and probably never will be) to tell them.
Have people been experiencing the same things? What helped you in handling people and socializing issues?

English is by the way not my native language, so excuse me if I made some grammar mistakes.
imam212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, HD7970GHZ, KD1980, may24, MtnTime2896, Nalot, seeker33, Talksalot