View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 07:34 AM

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldnt figure out where it was best to put it...

My 22 year old son had a stroke on Black Friday- yes you read that right. Turns out it was a PFO and he had a heart surgery to repair it. Below is a pic of the screen they put in between the valves (its so cool, had to share)

Well he goes for a follow up with the cardiologist this morning and we need to talk to him about am incident where he came out of the shower and had his heart racing an shortness of breath. My brother and mother are ICU nurses and consulted with the cardio's they work with and they said he needs a loop recorder to monitor things. I am not sure what that is or what it does but I hope the cardio doctor doesnt give me any trouble or I will have to take him somewhere else to get it done. I hope this doctor isnt offended that I will be walking in with an agenda but I have to protect him. If he goes into afib even once it only takes 5 minutes to form a clot that could go to his brain. It was the scariest thing I have ever been through. Imagine your child sitting up with weakness and not being able to see, talking gibberish ( he said" truck book poop I know that toothpaste will go") but he said it just like you would if you were having a conversation. He has made real progress and he really is a walking miracle but I am so scared. He is going back to college to his apartment on saturday and I worry about him being alone if it happens again. If anyone is familiar with this procedure, a PFO or stroke recovery please chime in. I would love to hear your thoughts.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous52222, Anonymous55879, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, Open Eyes, possum220, Travelinglady