View Single Post
Betty_Banana
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
314 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 11:03 AM

It looks interesting for sure.The only thing is we all know reality shows are never really reality

I will watch it and I hope it's informative and helpful for people and not just another exploitation of someone with a mental illness that increases the stigma surrounding DID.

I hope they can capture and portray the extreme pain that goes along with therapy and all the hardships of accepting the diagnosis and working towards understanding and healing.I hope it doesn't end up focusing on the different alters as if that's all DID is about when there's so much more to it than that.But by reading about it and watching the preview it kinda seems like that's how it's gonna be.

I don't know,it just seems to me since she was recently diagnosed she might have thought oh wow,how cool,I'm so unique and special and I can make money off of this.Maybe I think that way because the last thing I would have done after getting diagnosed is exploit myself to make a buck or want anyone to know.I thought my therapist was wrong and a quack and I was ashamed of being diagnosed with it.But,who knows,maybe it will show that too and then later on once she's in the thick of therapy she will realize how personal it all is and regret sharing it with the world.

Obviously I'm a bit cynical.Hopefully I will come back and post after watching and will say I was completely surprised and wrong.
Betty_Banana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
amandalouise, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896