Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
Greetings!

I have read that self-promotion is a no no. What about feedback on writing I have put together?

I am a mental health blogger; I have put a short eBook together covering my background and how I became a bully and an internet troll. I will also produce chapters detailing how I turned my life around.

Can I post any of that on here to share what I am doing and, honestly feedback would be helpful. I live on government disability and cannot afford to pay anyone to edit my writing or give me feedback on it.

What can I do here?

Thank you so much!!
Best Always,
Happy Crafter aka Landon Clary Eason
as far as I know we are not supposed to post to get others to edit and critique or otherwise promote other websites and blogs but we can place in our signature lines a link to blogs and such.

Im guessing its because psych central cant stay active if we are telling people to go else where and it could in some places be considered exploitation by having the mentally ill doing ones editing and reviewing without pay. kind of like in real life a mental health treatment provider would not ask mentally ill to read their books and blogs and suggest edits for it so that they can publish someday. think of it like this ... if you spent time reading and editing the courage to heal book or sybil or any other authors writing you would expect to be paid for your time and suggestions right. not just some one an author asks you to read and edit their work for free so that they can take all the credit and not credit you for doing the editing. (even editors in real life in america get paid for their time and energy and edits that they make to someones work)

my suggestion is make a blog entry that asks for people to comment on the blog entries any suggestions that they may want to make. then set your blog settings at public so that search engines can list your blog when someone does a google search on topics that you blog about.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MickeyCheeky