Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post
Was Leo a Samoyed?
I loved to know your story with Leo. It’s incredible the role that pets may play.
Leo was an American Eskimo. Before their breed was recognized by the UKC & AKC (United Kennel Club & American KC) they were known as the german spitz dog.

Yes pets that we closely bond with can play a huge role in our lives. He was never trained as a service or companion dog but he had the heart for it from birth. He was the only male in the litter & everyone wanted female eskies that Christmas. I felt bad that he was the only one left with all his playmates gone so he came up to me bedroom & stayed with me. At 3 months old he rode on my lap to our winter vacation condo in Wyo where I ended up with pneumonia. He never left my side & the bond was established. That was 4 years before I finally left my H & we both traveled to the farm I bought (with his help too). He had flown here with me to find a farm & he flew back with me when the purchase was final the next month. That was when he really taught me so much about living & enjoying life & learning how to fit into your environment without losing who you really are.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro