Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 16, 2019 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
Leo was an American Eskimo. Before their breed was recognized by the UKC & AKC (United Kennel Club & American KC) they were known as the german spitz dog.

Yes pets that we closely bond with can play a huge role in our lives. He was never trained as a service or companion dog but he had the heart for it from birth. He was the only male in the litter & everyone wanted female eskies that Christmas. I felt bad that he was the only one left with all his playmates gone so he came up to me bedroom & stayed with me. At 3 months old he rode on my lap to our winter vacation condo in Wyo where I ended up with pneumonia. He never left my side & the bond was established. That was 4 years before I finally left my H & we both traveled to the farm I bought (with his help too). He had flown here with me to find a farm & he flew back with me when the purchase was final the next month. That was when he really taught me so much about living & enjoying life & learning how to fit into your environment without losing who you really are.
He looks amazing,he was a good looking dog,you can see the love in his eyes and I can hear how much you loved and admired him,it is so good and I am happy for you that you had a faithful companion and an amazing friend in Leo.Animals love is special in that it is loyal and unconditional and animals are sweet and innocent and need our protection,when we bond with our four legged friends they give us something that is irreplaceable and so when we lose them we are bereft.I am sorry for your loss,I am sure though that you have wonderful memories of Leo.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover

Thanks for this!
eskielover