xmascarol
Grand Member

Member Since Jul 2018
9 hugs
given
Default Jan 17, 2019 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinker66 View Post
If you've been following along you will know that things haven't been going well for me at work. The short story is that the anxiety gets to me to the point it is life consuming. I am terrified at work and when I am not at work I am terrified about having to go back to work. I am ill - physically and mentally. The panic attacks come - both on and off the job. I begin to humiliate myself in my work place and so on.

Yesterday I spent the whole day leading up to work crying, shaking, and vomiting. I must have looked terrible when I finally did go into work as several coworkers asked if I was okay.

A manager called me aside and asked what was wrong. I broke down and before I knew it I quit my job.

I am worried now about how I am going to get on without the income but I am also very much relieved.
I am so sorry this happened to you.Many years ago matter of fact it was 1986 when I had a nervous breakdown,it was awful I was laughing one minute crying the next shaking confused.I ended up in the mental health unit for almost 2 weeks believe me it was no picnic.Frankly it was like living in a prison.However I did make some nice friends there but the groups we had were so annoying and one day I stood up and told them that . I have agoraphobia and sitting in a group was not for me but I had to go to them.
If you can see if you get some kind of disability despite what some people think mental illness does gripple us.It can make us really sick.I hope u can feel better.