Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Man, I am really bummed that your experience with AA was religion based because that is not what its about at all. I am an atheist and it worked well for me.
Don't be bummed about it. I was glad to get away from AA many years ago. There are many it doesn't work for, more than you will ever know. I meant it relies on God or a power greater and many can't comprehend that or feel it's religious. I know what AA is about. I attended it for 4 years and hated it at the end. I stayed sober despite a sponsor who tried to sell me everything she could (vitamins, etc.) for almost 20 years. Many stay sober without AA because they can do it without. There are many other ways to recover. AA is not a cure all for Alcoholism--and they say there is no cure there. It's always important to remember though that one drink is too many. I think it's great if AA works for you or others. It's not for me and not for so many.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,
LucyD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
bizi, MickeyCheeky