View Single Post
Nammu
Crone

Nammu has no updates.

Location: Some where between my inner mind and the solar system.
10 yr Member
53.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2019 at 02:26 PM

As I understand it the only requirement is a desire to stop drinking. Different meetings have different environments, you might find a meeting less centered on the religious aspect. There's also all women groups. I can't recall the name off a all women group that addresses addictive behavior but it is much less religious and more cognitive. I found NA groups to be more open and less religious, I just clicked better with the folks there although I haven't abused drugs. I used to hang out a lot with people who did and my shrink wanted me to find sober people to hang out with and thought I should go to these groups to find friends. I went to the open meetings which anyone is welcome too not the closed meetings which is for those with addictions. I also went to NA because my ex husband was a drug user. The one thing they really helped me with was that I was powerless to change him. I could work only on me. I really recommend trying a bunch of different AA and NA groups until you find one that clicks for you.

Nammu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, MickeyCheeky, Sunflower123, thumb

Thanks for this!
bizi, Guiness187055, MickeyCheeky, thumb