eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

eskielover has no updates.

15 yr Member
14.5k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 17, 2019 at 06:29 PM

My psychologist says that SOMETIMES relocating can make a difference sometimes not. It actually depends on what baggage you take with you whether the change will be successful or not.

Ok.....I made a successful move 2100 miles away from where I lived all my life to a small town where I knew absolutely NO ONE. I didn't have to worry about finding a job because I was on disability. I bought a small farm in the country & started finding myself at 54 for the first time in my life. I had never lived on my own before either & the H I left was sure I would be back as I was dealing with PTSD & anorexia let alone the depression & anxiety I was on disability for.

The change for me pointed out how much my old environment had been a huge part of those conditions I was dealing with. Living alone & being responsible for my dogs made a huge difference in my approach to life.

Church is a huge part of my life & friends & so is my women's horse group & volunteer groups I have become involved with. My life is now full & it feels complete like in never did before.

Some problems followed me & I am still trying to wrap up the marriage assets part of the divorce (I am legally divorced finally)....but what followed me was the H's crap. I found an awesome T also & learned skills that were missing in my life to deal with things. Life came together for me but that was because what was inside of me when I moved was not actually my problem it was the way I was responding to my environment I was no longer surrounded & trapped in that environment & I learned how to handle the residual.

My depression & anxiety & even my anorexia was all situational (PTSD wasn't but being away from where it happened helped too)

Moving & change doesn't guarantee success but it can get rid of some of the things in our life but it is our own responsibility to make sure we control those things we do take with us (personal baggage) & deal with it to make the success more sure.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Aviza, healingme4me, MickeyCheeky