View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 19, 2019 at 05:20 AM

You all do not know me well but I can be brief. My son is 22 and goes to college. He is truly remarkable. He is such a good kid. On black friday he had a stroke( yep you read that right!) It turns out he had a PFO and had heart surgery to repair it to prevent any clots from going to his brain. We are very lucky because the damage is nearly all gone at this point but there are still personality issues and some cognitive issues that persists. I know he cant wait to get back to his apartment and be living amongst his peers. He went from being independent, to completely dependent to kinda dependent. His GF also broke up with him which is so good because she had her own issues and was very mean to him but it still hurts him.

So the semester starts tuesday and we are taking him back this morning. We were so lucky he was home for the stroke. He was not driving(he went temporarily blind), he was not alone at school(he began speaking gibberish) and we got him the the ER in 10 minutes. He is still going to have to see his speech therapist and OT. But I am so worried. What if it happens again and I am not there? He is on blood thinner and aspirin. The PFO repair was a complete success and the doctor's feel 99.9% sure that this fixed the problem and he wont have another stroke. Our kids are super close to us. We have a very tight family. I really love him a lot. I do not know if I can move him back in and leave without tearing up. I really adore him. I know I cant lock him in a bubble and protect him. And I know he wants that independence so badly but I keep playing the 'what-if' game. I am just looking for support I guess.
xxxooo
-sweets

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Anonymous55888, AzulOscuro, BeyondtheRainbow, Bill3, MickeyCheeky, Mopey, Nammu

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky