View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

Member Since Jan 2019
193 hugs
given
Tongue Jan 19, 2019 at 06:41 AM

Sometimes (especially when I'm feeling depressed or manic), it is very difficult for me to focus on the things that I love to do. The things that make me feel whole. The things that I absolutely love to do when I'm in a good place.
For me, some of these hobbies include tending to my bonsai trees, playing mandolin (even my wife doesn't mind that one), playing billiards, taking walks in the woods, snuggling/ playing with my kitties, or reading a good book. These activities encourage me to be grateful for where I am and helps me center myself all at the same time.
Speaking for myself, I find that focusing on the things that I love can almost act as a therapy in itself as they provide a consistent measure of healing. It seems to me that they almost act as a "medication" or have healing properties due to the emotions and insight they invoke. One observation, however, is that these activities or hobbies always center on me being by myself. The ones that I take the most pleasure in are usually refreshingly isolating.
My question to everyone is... Have you noticed any similar observations? Are activities that provide isolation actually self-sabotage? What activities help you to be in a good place? Do you prefer isolation or activities in a group?
[/FONT]

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, Medusax, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Fuzzybear, guilloche, happysobercrafter, Little Lulu, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks