View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Jan 19, 2019 at 01:38 PM

I think my post was misunderstood. I was not suggesting that women should assume all women are great or implicitly trust them. I was also not suggesting that women should be treated better than men. Of course a person is a person; man or woman. That seems so obvious that I didn't think it needed to be spelled out.

A disconcerting trend I've noticed is that some women are much nicer toward men than toward other women. I was referring to what psychologists refer to as 'relational aggression' which many young girls and some women exhibit toward other females. As someone who grew up in single-sex schools and has worked in some female-dominated environments, I find it deeply unpleasant. Even when it is not directed at me...I can see some women trying to gather other women against one woman in particular of whom they are jealous. At one point at work, there were three women trying to convince me to join them in trying to get another female reported at work.
She had not done anything wrong. She worked hard. But I know they had a problem with her beauty and her own persona.

My sisters and several of my female friends have noted the same issue in some of their workplaces. The women I am referring to do not treat men that way. That is what I was referring to: female-female relational aggression from women who treat men with respect.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
healingme4me