Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 20, 2019 at 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sippi View Post
My elderly parents have been very supportive of my PTSD last 2 years both financially and emotionally. But, my mother is a Narcissist. She raised her voice at me recent for first time in years and it has thrown me off. I told her she was treating me like her father did her & I didn’t like it! She has punished me by taking away one of my visits to my therapist and holding a grudge etc. She is 88. I feel like I’m back to being bullied like at my last jobs for 6 years with my monthly support and therapy provided by my parents while she bullies me. It makes me furious to be controlled this way.
confused... your 88 yr old mother tells you an adult that you can not go to see your therapist?

since you live in the USA you as an adult make your own decision to whether you go see your therapist or not. if you want to see your therapist then go see your therapist.

if your parents are your transportation then call a friend and ask your friend if they can give you a ride somewhere. then pick a place close to where your therapist is and make plans for when you and the friend meet up again for the ride home. or have your friend drop you off at your therapists office and take you home.

if you dont have a friend that can transport you to the appointment, you call your therapist, tell them what is going on and make arrangements to talk over the phone or from some other place. most if not all therapists do phone sessions if their clients cant make it in to the appointment but still need to talk with them. some therapists reschedule so that in hardship situations they can go to the client at some neutral location, a park or where ever is available to their clients abilities.

my suggestion call your therapist and let them know what is going on and whether you want to keep the appointment or reschedule, and if you want to keep it make plans for how you can get to the appointment without having to rely on the parents.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote