View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

Member Since Jan 2019
193 hugs
given
Default Jan 20, 2019 at 05:23 PM

I'll try to keep this short and sweet but will gladly elaborate if asked to do so.

I have chronic, reoccurring, extremely vivid night terrors. They will be so disruptive that my wife will wake me up (by request) if she is awake and notices or if she is awakened by my thrashing, yelling/ crying, groaning, etc. She will then make sure I fully wake up because most of the time I will just continue the nightmare right where it left off.

This is usually enough to end it. But sometimes she doesn't notice. Sometimes I am just stuck in this awful scenario and forced to finish it out until I wake up on my own.

Not sure if it's relevant but this has been a consistent occurrence regardless of medicine changes. Also, they seem to occur more freely if I eat within a few hours of falling asleep. Last thing... My dreams are never happy ones. Even if they aren't full blown night terrors, they are still very negative, dark, abrasive, etc.

I have looked all over but I am still seeking any advice on combating these night terrors. I will bring it up with my therapist as soon as my next appointment but I am curious if anyone here has any insight?

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Goforward, MickeyCheeky, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky