View Single Post
Sippi

Member Since Jan 2019
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 21, 2019 at 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
confused... your 88 yr old mother tells you an adult that you can not go to see your therapist?

since you live in the USA you as an adult make your own decision to whether you go see your therapist or not. if you want to see your therapist then go see your therapist.

if your parents are your transportation then call a friend and ask your friend if they can give you a ride somewhere. then pick a place close to where your therapist is and make plans for when you and the friend meet up again for the ride home. or have your friend drop you off at your therapists office and take you home.

if you dont have a friend that can transport you to the appointment, you call your therapist, tell them what is going on and make arrangements to talk over the phone or from some other place. most if not all therapists do phone sessions if their clients cant make it in to the appointment but still need to talk with them. some therapists reschedule so that in hardship situations they can go to the client at some neutral location, a park or where ever is available to their clients abilities.

my suggestion call your therapist and let them know what is going on and whether you want to keep the appointment or reschedule, and if you want to keep it make plans for how you can get to the appointment without having to rely on the parents.
AmandaLouise,
I don’t have any money. My parents are my sole support;therefore, they hv control over funds that support me to live and to pay for my therapist. I HAVE PTSD, you dig? Raised voices, taking things away from me, control make my situation worse and cause hyper anxiety and depression. I am asking here because I want input from those who understand my situation and circumstances. My sessions with my Therapist are over the phone. She is in private practice-she doesn’t work for free. She has given sessions without pay before, and last week she said to contact if I needed her. I will do this if I need to b4 next session in a month; however, I don’t believe in taking advantage of her financially, so I might have to ask her who I can call also for free therapy.
Sippi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amandalouise