Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jan 21, 2019 at 08:00 PM

I'm pretty reclusive myself except that, in my case, it is by choice. I simply don't want anything to do with anyone. (It's a long story.) I'm also old though & I think that perhaps makes a difference. And the one thing I think I know about being reclusive is that the more you do it the more challenging it is to change.

Unfortunately I don't know of any remedies for reclusiveness (beyond therapy) other than to get out there & do something... find something you enjoy, or care enough about, that you can use it to overcome your proclivity to isolate. (I've done the therapist thing too & always been less than impressed.) There will be times when you'd rather hide in the closet than go out & do whatever you've decided to do. But you just have to make yourself do it. As my father used to say many years ago, you're not required to like it, you're just required to do it. The only other alternative, as far as I am aware, is to strive to accept things just the way they are, which is where I'm at. I do hope you find the remedy you're looking for though.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
LifelongLoner, MickeyCheeky