View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Jan 21, 2019 at 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
We share this. One real problem I have where I work is that for some reason the culture is the the elites are "GODS" and we should treat them that way. That is so offensive to me. I feel like people get respect when they earn it.. and they don't earn it by a title.

This of course makes it so I will never get anyplace.

This is my second career and my goal when I started was to protect the underdog but, the way to protect the underdog is by gaining power and the only way to gain power is to suck up and put your ethics and individuality aside.

Agreed.

That's why I am not in any way interested in climbing the corporate ladder. I am going to be entirely self employed doing my own thing my whole life. If for whatever reason I need a regular job, I will work in technical/developer positions only as long as I need the money.

Heck, the way to "climb" as a web or software developer is to work for a company for no longer than 12-18 months and then move on. Startups in particular expect to lose their developers within a year. Doing things that way ends up getting you better paying jobs if you are interested in working for companies as a developer because companies typically won't shell out the money to promote people when they expect their developers to leave.

I will spend my life treating companies exactly how they would treat me, use them and then abandon them when they outlive their usefulness.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote