Member Since Apr 2015
1,667 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I feel like I might be running a fever. We did have a surprise birthday party at my Grandma’s house Saturday for my mom, who turns 60 on the 23rd. She actually was really surprised. On the other hand, my aunt who is nearly always a bit sick with something was there; she’s not a hypochondriac but has lupus, and it makes her immune system weaker than it would otherwise be. Also, my 3 nieces were there. The youngest is 4, and the other 2 are in kindergarten and 2nd grade, so lots of germs.

Lucy, you asked if I am running from something. Maybe? I know definitely to get away from my problems. I like when I dissociate and lose myself in my head or sometimes even just sort of be. I can always bring myself out of it. I have dissociated since I was a young girl, so it is an old coping technique for me. Weirdly too, I sometimes wonder if the running, the whole ED really is a means of self harm less obvious than cutting (which I used to do in college but have not now for nearly 20 years). Is the running a substitute? I wish I knew.

Going to take my temperature now though I am pretty certain I have a slight fever.
I try to escape from my problems in various ways, too. It's sometimes hard to look at bleak reality. Been wanting to binge a bit lately. Got to find better things to do than that, though. I don't know what yet...have to give it a lot of thought. Something I can do with less energy. I do love music and put it on a lot lately. I have spotify and got the premium now. They have so many different types of music and some is so soothing, too. I find that helpful for my anxiousness. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Please take good care of you. Hope you feel better.

Medications: Risperidone-1 mg.daily, Propranolol-20 mg. daily, Gabapentin-600 mg daily, Melatonin-3 mg. at bedtime, Nicotine Lozenges-2 mg., Vape Liquid-3 mg., One A Day Vitamins,

Thanks for this!
Gr3tta_0, may24