Sippi
Sippi has no updates.

5 yr Member
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTSDCure View Post
Hi, I am here to share and hopefully help people that like me had/have sever to high PTSD. Something horrible happened to someone i loved more then anything in the world in front of me and it resulted in his death.

I wanted to die, i was in so much emotional pain and i did not know how to process the trauma or the grief. It consumed my mind, i couldnt stop the racing thoughts, i was having severe panic attacks, i developed IBS-D. I was always in fear, I was always thinking everyone around me is going to die. I felt like i couldn't breath.

Anytime I was a passenger in a motor vehicle, i immediately would start sweating, turn white, i couldn't breath full blown panic attack and irritable bowl syndrome would kick in and i would have full blown diarrhea. the IBS got so bad that I couldn't leave my house, i was so afraid all the time. I couldn't be around people.

Anytime I was around people I would have fear, even faces look distorted at times and I would immediately get diarrhea because my fight or flight response wasn't working properly. It got to a point where I wouldn't leave my house at all. I started doing EMDR therapy and we pushed the trauma too soon and my panic attacks got out of control completely. I would fall over sweating, breathing into a bag.

I couldn't sleep. Every time I would try to fall asleep, I would get a panic attack, woken up by super racing heart rate and the anxiety was so drastic that I would hear a sound in my head and I was terrified. I remember the wind blowing outside the window and i was so scared, i was crying in the corner of my room in fear.

I was already diagnosed with an anxiety disorder before the trauma, however i had a really good corporate job, I was extremely successful and my life was on track. This was a plot twist i did not see coming. My PTSD got so bad that i almost got hospitalized because of it. I couldnt sleep, i kept hearing sounds because my brain couldnt decipher them.

I thought i was developing schizophrenia, I wasnt I was just having sever PSTD. I was diagnosed with severe to high PTSD. I have done yoga for 13 years of my life and i remember my mom driving me to the yoga studio and as i would ger there i just couldnt go into class I would having a panic attack before i even step into the studio. Complete fear around people none stop.

I thought i would be disabled for the rest of my life. I am naturally a very driven person, so i searched online for months trying to find a way to put my mind back together. This is when i found Neurofeedback. It has saved my life. I have been doing neurofeedback for 4 months and I never get panic attacks, I got my social life back, I go out with friends, I am not afraid in a room full of people, i am starting a new job, i am not having any more nightmares, my ibs is much better under control. I never have suicidal thoughts anymore and i am truly happy again. So if you are struggling from PTSD/anxiety/depression/addictions/add/adhd/memory issues, please look into Neurofeedback.

I know there are so many of us out there silently suffering so i wanted to share in the hopes that this can help you get your life back. I am happy to help and answer any questions about my recovery process. I am still in treatment and I am excited to see how much better i am going to get and if i can cure my IBS-D completely with this as well. As I mentioned before I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder before the trauma, since i have been doing neurofeedback, my anxiety has been much lower then ever before (even lower then before the trauma). Please note that since neurofeedback, I never take anxiety medication anymore. I consider myself one of the lucky ones since i found this treatment and i really hope it will help you too.
You had a horrible experience with PTSD. I am so sorry. I am grateful you shared what helped you and I will look into it. Thank you and many Hugs 🤗
Sippi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
jeremiahgirl