Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feileacan View Post
Certainly OP has their own opinion and understanding about it but the way I understood it, OP wasn't exactly using emails to share information but rather found themselves writing angry and out of bound stuff and I believe that is the main reason why the T stopped responding.
I most definitely have been using emails all along to share and process things more deeply. This has been my primary use of emails. I have found that I am pretty uncomfortable talking about myself in session, but via email, where I don’t have to interpret his looks, tone of voice and silences, I feel much more free to express myself. Most of this has been positive, I think. There has definitely been some negativity and anger (only via email, not in person) which I think has been related to having emotions stirred up in session and then being left alone and feeling abandoned for a week until our next session. Also some of it has been related to feeling close to him, and then the backlash of allowing myself to do that. In my real life I don’t express anger much and I think in all aspects of my life (family, work, friends) people tend to see me as kind and easy to get along with. So it was distressing to me to feel frustrated with my therapist because I felt that he was good, but meeting with him caused so much to be stirred up. He has said that I feel “disorganized” sometimes, but he claims that’s his own word.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SalingerEsme

Thanks for this!
circlesincircles, SalingerEsme