View Single Post
Reagan85

Member Since Jan 2019
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 06:41 PM

Hi LoganJoan, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with your anxiety.

As the previous poster mentioned, the surgeries you are going to have are very common and there are rarely complications. However, having surgery is very stressful regardless and if it’s your first time going under the knife, it’s natural that you would be a little worried.

I’m glad to hear you are seeing a therapist next week - and I am curious to know whether or not you have regular sessions with him/her, and whether or not you are on medication. I have personally found that therapy in conjunction with medication has helped me hugely with being able to manage my anxiety.

I don’t know whether or not you will find this helpful, but perhaps you could try focusing on the positives that may come from having the surgery - such as a boost in self confidence - and the fact that you are doing everything in your power to manage your anxiety right now by seeing a therapist and reaching out here.

Best of luck and I hope you find the strength to get through this tough period in your life. It DOES get better...hang in there! :-)
Reagan85 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LoganJoan

Thanks for this!
LoganJoan