Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 22, 2019 at 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonsaiGuy View Post
I am so incredibly sorry that you were bullied. You absolutely did not deserve that traumatic experience. No one does. I am very proud of you for continuing your craft and creative expression even in light of the awful actions of others.

Sometimes I think of how much great writing, poetry, and art the world will never experience because the author was bullied or trolled and decided to give up. Some insight that has helped me, and take it with a grain of salt, is this... Hurt people hurt people. It may sound a bit cheezy, but I believe it to be true. It doesn't justify anything, but it sure explains a lot.

You need encouragement, you got it. I need your writing. I am very serious about this. Your experience and creative style are incredibly unique to you and you alone. By putting that down on paper (figuratively. Digital works too), you are helping every single person who reads it by sharing a point of you that they will never experience on there own.

If this is not acceptable here, which I don't see why it wouldn't be (especially in the creative corner), the send it to me personally. I am happy to read it and give you feedback.

I hear you. I wonder about people who could have crossed my path. How different life could be if this person hadn't died, or had gone in a different direction. Or, like you said, someone so abused and overwhelmed, that they lose hope.

And, not cheezy, but true. Hurting people hurt others. And if they don't get help, it gets worse.

I thank you for your compliments and generous feedback about my writing. I am grateful I can write about my experiences. I know I am not alone in my childhood experiences. And I worry about people who are too frightened to speak up. And people who don't realize they are being abused. I didn't. I thought all families were like mine. I think I was in my 30s when I read about abusive families and realized that mine was.

DocJohn said it is ok for me to post my writing! I asked about it Community Feedback and Technical Support. I went looking for the post and see you found it. I am grateful DocJohn said it was ok!! xoxoxoxox

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote