Thread: Schizoid?
View Single Post
JustinTyme

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 12:18 AM

One aspect of schizoid personality disorder that I find difficult is the lack of passion to want to do anything outside of my house. My hobby and passion is playing the keyboard works of Bach..outside that every activity seems flat and not worth the effort..even contemplating a summer vacation..I feel unenthusiastic. I can't make choices about what I should do..all the choices seem the same. I see people making choices about how to spend their time..and they seem certain in their choice..how can that be..I question everything..all of my responses I scrutinize..very little spontaneity. To the point that going to a grocery store is uncomfortable..so many choices and I don't really care..I have always felt if I had a choice between eating food for nourishment or replacing all food with a pill..I'd choose the pill..also, if I could wear the same thing everyday..no choice I would prefer it. Choosing just frustrates me..do I want to go hiking, visit a museum, ski, eat out, etc. no..I feel no motivating emotion about activities outside the house. I dread the busy real world, I hate traffic, stores, lines, deciding what to purchase, choices..and the older I get the more I recoil from it all and stay in my house as a quasi-recluse playing a prelude and trying to ignore the world around me.
JustinTyme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote