View Single Post
vafhj

Member Since Aug 2014
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 05:12 AM

Despite the name being like that, this is only partially about being sheltered. I believe an even more significant amount of my problems would be because it was hard to make me conform. Most kids are afraid of what others would say, I wasn't. So when there were a bunch of botched attempts at bullying me in childhood, the most they managed to do was annoy me. You see, I only started to care about what others said when reality was starting to have an anti-me bias. Like, when I overheard two occupational therapists speculating about what disability I might have, that was pretty disillusioning. I thought to myself, "Wait, if my individuality could be attributed to being sick, why should I be proud of it at all?" Honestly, it was kind of a build-up. I guess the moments I realized there were still reasons for me to care about what others said grew more and more. I realized that so many things in life required social harmony. So many social circles would go all "you can't sit with us" on your *** if you don't assimilate. Then again, looking back, even in childhood, I recall people making jabs at how weird I was, maybe I was the one that changed, not other people.
vafhj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover