Community Liaison

Member Since Apr 2013
4,168 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
yes it is a commitment both financially ......

in the thousands to regulate/ synchronize both the male and female reproductive systems so that the eggs are ready to be harvested when the male counter part is ready for fertilization, then theres the thousands for the extraction surgery, then theres the mega bucks hundreds to thousand for the fertilization, then theres the process of making sure the womb is ready for implantation, usually with the use of meds due to viability of a fertilized and ready egg, thousands for the implantation of 2-5 fertilized eggs, my wife and I go with no more than three at a time. then if not pregnant that cycle you do it all over again, and again and again .. very rarely does it "take" the first time. not to mention a series of shots every cycle. my point here is its very very expensive for anyone planning to do the IVF plan to have about 25000 in savings account for the whole process.

the abortion factor comes in play each time because sometimes a fetus is deformed or ends up being a tubal pregnancy or because too many fertilized eggs in the womb. many people are not financially able to raise more than one child at a time but the process requires at least 2 in case one doesnt "stick", a fetus cant grow to term in a Fallopian tube that does not stretch. and sometimes fetus's due in the womb when this happens the mother has to make a choice of carrying that deceased fetus to term or terminate. imagine carrying this child that is not alive in your body for 9 months, have a c section and then when most parents would be showing off their cute cuddly baby you are planning a funeral.. my point there are many reasons why abortion is discussed as part of the IVF process.
Points taken, I can certainly appreciate that side of it. And thanks for sharing the process. I was more taken aback by the ops point about changing ones mind altogether at 25 weeks.
healingme4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
amandalouise

Thanks for this!
amandalouise