Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyD View Post
I try to escape from my problems in various ways, too. It's sometimes hard to look at bleak reality. Been wanting to binge a bit lately. Got to find better things to do than that, though. I don't know what yet...have to give it a lot of thought. Something I can do with less energy. I do love music and put it on a lot lately. I have spotify and got the premium now. They have so many different types of music and some is so soothing, too. I find that helpful for my anxiousness. Sorry you aren't feeling well. Please take good care of you. Hope you feel better.
Lucy, I love listening to music too. What type of music do you like to listen to? I have a lot of music on iTunes (back from the time period when people actually bought physical CDs, I'm feeling ancient), also songs I got cheaper on Amazon when I had a very simplified Samsung Walkman mp3 music player. It was a project putting all the CD music onto iTunes (which combined my collection with my husband's collection before we got married). The Amazon music does translate to iTunes, but I didn't do it when I bought it because iTunes always runs SO slow on my computer, and I didn't even have a smartphone then. Now, I've got an iPhone (a couple really, because I've dropped a few and cracked them, but one still works, it just doesn't have service but will play music when I run and even MapMyRun or MapMyWalk. It's got Bluetooth, but I'm unsure if phones without cell service can get GPS data (if anyone knows about the GPS thing, I'd love to know). They are both old iPhones and refurbished, a 5S and a 5C, I think though they are pretty much alike except we paid more for my one with service to have extra memory (I have had to promise I will not take this phone running or walking to H as I've destroyed so many exercising). But to be fair, I once fried one of those Sony Walkman mp3 players by dropping it into a public toilet by accident (don't ask). I did not fix it out. Figured it was finished as it wasn't waterproof, but those cost less than smartphones, at least back in the day. I am still working on getting the older Amazon mp3s onto iTunes, especially the songs I really like. I'll want to put a song on my phone and then think, wait, haven't I bought that already? A computer search will reveal I have it with Amazon mp3s. Sometimes iTunes will take and translate several mp3s at once and sometimes not; my iTunes is really volatile if you didn't buy the song directly from the iTunes store; I don't know, maybe everyone's is that way. Plus, my computer has a bug that causes it to randomly freeze (not just on iTunes though more on iTunes than anything else), and it then requires a hard re-boot, which is a pain. But I like to change up my playlists a lot, so I spend a lot of time working on that?

Do you have Netflix or Amazon Prime, Vudu, any shows you can binge watch or maybe people have channels on YouTube (I know some are free with commercials or the shows broken up) they can suggest?

I like to play simple games on my iPad when I get feeling the way you are, no energy to do much. Do you have a tablet? I will download free games for color-by-number or cross-stitch (cross-stitch world is a fun one). They will give you a certain number of pictures for free, then you have to buy or redo the old pictures. You will get some credit for doing new pics, but not redoing the old. But they do give you some of their cash daily for logging in, and every Wednesday, they post a free code on cross-stitch world community on Facebook for a free picture, plus you can make one pic of your own daily & accept one from a friend (though they are smaller pics and give hardly any credit when done). But when I get to that point, I just find a new similar game (I like word games like Tile Twist too), download it, play the free puzzles, then remove it if I need the storage space on my tablet and find a new simple game requiring little thinking to play. Often, I listen to music while playing those games or the TV. I like true crime stuff, so often I watch Investigation Discovery. Really, I like mostly like listening to shows that are narrated, so you don't have to pay 100% attention to the TV. I will watch the history channel or Science channel, whatever has some narration going on and a topic that interests me a bit.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost

Last edited by Blueberrybook; Jan 23, 2019 at 06:34 AM..

Hugs from:
LucyD

Thanks for this!
Gr3tta_0, LucyD