Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie84 View Post
Last week I cut the artery in my wrist whilst dissociated. I managed to phone an ambulance as I'm assuming the bleeding brought me back. This is the second time in about 6 weeks that this has happened, with the police treating my house as a crime scene as the paramedics did not think I was going to make it. I'm still feeling weak from the blood loss, but I fear that it's going to happen again. Everyone I feel my heart beat or pulse, I feel like it needs to stop. I don't want to die, but I feel like it's going to happen. I just don't feel safe. I told my psychiatrist this today, but I feel like she isn't helping, she knows I dissociate but states I still need to be responsible for my own safety. It just doesn't feel that easy.
I am sorry you are not feeling safe. just wanted to let you know that I have read your post. when I am not feeling safe I call my treatment provider and then go in to the nearest emergency room/ crisis area.

you are new here so maybe now would be a good time to point out a few things for you.. down at the bottom of every page is psych centrals disclaimer. to me it says we cant be each others treatment providers or diagnose problems. there is also a few "sticky" postings around the forums that you will see, that say psych central isnt for things like crisis situations. for crisis situations we have to contact our own treatment providers or go to emergency / crisis places in our own off computer locations....

let me give you an example... what if I posted I was suicidal. then a few days later someone does a post letting the community know that I was successful in my attempt and was no longer around. how would that make others feel? Im guessing my suicide would hurt people here and make them want to do it their self. the same with when I am self injuring. it could make others have bad reactions.

Im not saying you are doing anything wrong by posting how you are ......"feeling".........

just letting you know that there is a very firm line of what we can do and help each other with here on psych central...

we can read your post, let you know if we have felt the same way in the past and what we and our own treatment providers have done about it. We can suggest you contact your doctors or go to the ER, but thats as far as we can go when someone is in crisis mode here.

bottom line is only you and your treatment providers can help you when you are in crisis modes. and thats the way is should be. Im not you, Im not in your location and Im not your doctors so trying to help someone in crisis mode here can actually do more harm then good.

please contact your treatment providers or go to your nearest emergency room.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote