View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Shocked Jan 23, 2019 at 02:27 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I don't know as I have anything in the way of suggestions to offer. For a large chunk of my life (as I recall up until around the time I first took antidepressants) I experienced episodes of sleep paralysis. I'd have a dream that involved me being in some sort of potentially dangerous situation. (Often it involved me laying in the street with cars coming.) And, during the dream I'd partially wake & be unable to move at all or make any kind of sound. It was terrifying especially since, for most of the years I had these experiences, I didn't understand what they were about.

What I learned to do, during these episodes, was to focus my attention on the index finger of my right hand & keep trying to move it. After a few seconds I'd finally be able to move it &, once I did, the paralysis would dissipate throughout my body. I haven't had one of these episodes in probably 20 years now. But just the memory of them makes me cringe.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote