Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
I had a meeting with my Veterans' Affairs case manager yesterday and she - rather annoyingly flippantly - told me that karma will eventually lead the transgressors in my life to get what was coming to them. But I pointed that if karma existed then I would have had to do something to deserve my own punishment.
None of what you experienced is punishment and you must not decide that you ever deserved to be traumatized or that you are being punished. I know how easy it can be to start thinking that way and I also know it's not helpful for you and impedes the healing you need to experience and deserve to experience.

I have had a lot bad things happen to me and have experienced some very toxic individuals that left me hurt. Yet, the one thing I know is that part of my problem was because I simply don't think that twisted, it's just not the way my wheelhouse works so I was not prepared for these dysfunctional toxic mind games others played and most of the time it's due to their need for complete control too. Human beings can do some very nasty crappy things, it's just part of our life experience sometimes.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote