BonsaiGuy

BonsaiGuy is loving life!

5 yr Member
193 hugs
given
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
I'm sorry you are struggling with this. I don't know as I have anything in the way of suggestions to offer. For a large chunk of my life (as I recall up until around the time I first took antidepressants) I experienced episodes of sleep paralysis. I'd have a dream that involved me being in some sort of potentially dangerous situation. (Often it involved me laying in the street with cars coming.) And, during the dream I'd partially wake & be unable to move at all or make any kind of sound. It was terrifying especially since, for most of the years I had these experiences, I didn't understand what they were about.

What I learned to do, during these episodes, was to focus my attention on the index finger of my right hand & keep trying to move it. After a few seconds I'd finally be able to move it &, once I did, the paralysis would dissipate throughout my body. I haven't had one of these episodes in probably 20 years now. But just the memory of them makes me cringe.
This sounds so incredibly scary. I am so sorry that you have had these episodes. I've had episodes similar but not that debilitaing. I really hope they never happen again. Thanks for relating to me. Everyone here have made me feel better about it. I feel like we're all on a team supporting each other!

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote