View Single Post
BonsaiGuy

Member Since Jan 2019
193 hugs
given
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 04:20 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am curious if anyone here has any insight or advice on anti-anxiety medication that would be relatively "safe" (ie shown not to be severely habit forming or euphoria inducing) for someone in drug addicition recovery. I had a pretty serious problem with abusing benzodiazepines and will not take anything with this drug classification.

I have been taking hydroxyzine for about a year now and find it mildly effective for panic attacks. I guess it's my fault for not saying anything to my doctor, but I'm curious if there is anyone else with a similar issue and any insight on medications that have worked well for them.

I want to be clear, my thoughts on benzodiazepines are simply my personal preference. I am not trying to knock anyone who is prescribed this class of drug. I am simply curious if anyone in a similar situation has had success with anything else?

Either way, I will take any insight with a grain of salt. I am simply curious. I will leave all final decisions to my doctor and myself once I become more educated on the subject.

Dx: Bi-Polar II, PTSD, ADHD, SUD
Rx: Methadone 100mg, Lamictal 300mg, Abilify 10mg, Buspar 40mg, Clonadine 0.3mg, Trazodone 50mg, Nexium 20mg, Allegra 180mg
BonsaiGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote