Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 23, 2019 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty_Banana View Post
The show wasn't available on the A&E app until this morning so I started watching it while I was having my morning coffee.I turned it off after about 10 minutes because it was what I was expecting,all about the alters mainly.It was a bit United States Of Tara-ish I thought.

I watched more of it later today and turned it off again,it just wasn't interesting enough to keep my attention.And I just now sat and watched the rest of the show.

*as a side note,maybe I found it so boring because her psychologist annoyed me,just his tone of voice and behavior(or should i say lack of behaviorr) was hard to withstand and I would probably walk out on someone like that.*

I plan on continuing to watch because I am hoping it gets better than it is now.I saw a snippet of another episode where she gets an MRI,I'm curious how that will go.And I'm curious if the show is going to have more depth than just talking about all the different alters,their likes and dislikes,who they date,etc.

I give it a thumbs down.For many reasons and I'm disappointed in it as of now.
my "looks like it may be a good show" quickly changed to mmm ok is it my imagination or did that alters voice just change to being a different alters voice but same name as the alter that matched the first name? maybe a glitch in the film ...keep watching...... frowning wait where is the info on this, they just said this and left the viewer hanging.. mm maybe that will be explained later?

this went on with my wife and I watching the show and talking about it for about 15-20 minutes then we both got up and said cant watch this any more. lol

maybe its because I know more about this then the show is providing or allowed to provide, maybe its the fact that I have already been through the whole process / integrated.. what ever the reason I kept getting irritated that they were skipping important parts of the disorder, and being able to notice where and when they did some of the editing/ retakes I just could not get into watching it all the way through.

My wife and I will not be watching any further into the show. for me and my wife it is what it is, a reality show that like A&E says they wont be able to show everything or explain everything. but it will be a beginning on their change over from fiction to reality shows and will get some discussions going.

my big question now is wonder how many people will take this show and try and fit their selves into it including those too good to be real moments that all reality shows include.

I say .........in general.......... real life is going to get interesting for some with DID, with out DID and treatment providers alike. any time there is a new mental disorder film on the horizon theres always an increase in people feeling like they have what they see in the movies, an increase in those who have the problem but because of how shows portray it dont want it, and treatment providers have the time of their lives trying to sort out the two.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896

Thanks for this!
Betty_Banana, MickeyCheeky, MtnTime2896, Solnutty