View Single Post
Anonymous40796

Default Jan 23, 2019 at 09:14 PM

I'm putting together a leather bound critical edition of Plato's Republic. I already did it years ago but I was foolish to do it in a paperback edition. I found this leatherbound edition translated by Benjamin Jowett a couple years ago and he is my favorite translator so I'm very fortunate. I wish I was a professor so I could constantly read these important books, helping others understand them better. This book is put together by the Franklin Press Great Books Collection. They're amazingly beautiful and meant to last generations.

I think I should start highlighting, and taking pictures of text in the books to gain more followers on Twitter, to share knowledge and, in the end, to share part of my book when it comes out. Is that tacky?

I honestly don't know how to advertise my first book other than social media. My university loathes me so that is out of the question lol. Ideally, i'd like to get my book to ancient Greek philosophy, and history professors. I'm just not sure how that might be possible. :-/ I'm almost certain my book will go unnoticed when it makes print.

Newtus, that was pretty smart to hand 10 copies out. I'm wondering If I should do the same, but, when on twitter, to look up 10 ancient Greek philosophy professors, message them, and ask if I can send them a copy.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Sometimes psychotic